Thursday, April 17, 2014

Serendipity.

Three wonderful cards from Tohru, a man with many interests including collecting pens, making zip guns, macro photography and the gentle art of etegami! Serendipity was the word that came to mind when I saw a photo Tohru posted of a Fairy Wren, a bird that I had carved a stamp of for a postcard so I immediately sent him my version of that cute little bird and was rewarded with a copy of MY card! Wonderful, and we don't speak more than a few words of each others language.
Included in the cards was aversion of Tohru's famous series on the bitter gourd which serves as a basis for exploration of colour and texture, a kind of Tohru version of Monet's haystacks!
Tohru's Wren.
My stamped version.
 
 
The gourd
Thank you Tohru san.

No comments:

Post a Comment